Monday, November 29, 2010

Another serious one: A prophetic dream about the end of the world?

   This one may be scary. I've been talking about mystical experiences and dreams that have been happening to me lately. Here's one:


   I know that usually when people describe their dreams it's about as interesting as when people show you their old family vacation videos. My brain usually tunes it out when other people describe their dreams. "And then, the monkey turned in to my Great aunt Florence and folded up a paper airplane and flew over the lava pit...." You get the idea. I tunes other people's dreams out because it's usually nonsensical. Please try and pay attention.


  Years ago I dreamt of a building. The building was a dome that looked as if it was made of horizontal wooden slats. There was a light shining from inside, so I climbed the side of the dome to the top and looked down inside. What i saw was a churning sea of bloody, gory dead bodies. It looked like a million people in a sea of filth and death. I can do no justice to the immensity of the carnage that I looked down upon. It kinda reminded me of that REM video where he's lying on his back crowdsurfing except everyone is dead and there's no Michael Stipe. I climbed off the building and blood started rushing out of the dome, coming up to my chest and threatening to drown me, but as it got to a certain level, the blood subsided.


Years Later, I saw a news story, along with a picture of the building in my dream. The building was at CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research in Geneva and the story was on their Hadron Collider and people's fears about the outcome. The Large Hadron Collider is a particle accelerator used by physicists to study the smallest known particles – the fundamental building blocks of all things. 
   Two beams of subatomic particles called 'hadrons' – either protons or lead ions – will travel in opposite directions inside the circular accelerator, gaining energy with every lap. Physicists will use the LHC to recreate the conditions just after the Big Bang, by colliding the two beams head-on at very high energy.

The experiments at the Large Hadron Collider sparked fears among the public that the particle collisions might produce DOOMSDAY PHENOMENA, involving the production of stable BLACK HOLES or the creation of hypothetical particles called strangelets.



If the strange matter hypothesis is correct and a strangelet comes in contact with a lump of ordinary matter such as Earth, it could convert the ordinary matter to strange matter. This "ice-nine"-like disaster scenario is as follows: one strangelet hits a nucleus, catalyzing its immediate conversion to strange matter. This liberates energy, producing a larger, more stable strangelet, which in turn hits another nucleus, catalyzing its conversion to strange matter. In the end, all the nuclei of all the atoms of Earth are converted, and Earth is reduced to a hot, large lump of strange matter.

I hear that the CERN experiment is mentioned in the book and movie Angels and Demons, but I've never read the book or seen the movie. I had this dream AT LEAST 12 years ago! Somewhere I even drew a picture of what I saw after I woke up. 

So what does it mean? I don't know. All I know is that I dreamt a building I had never seen at it was associated with mass death. Now, technically the Hadron Collider is not ACTUALLY in the building that I dreamt, but whatever. It may mean nothing....or it may mean that I'm the new Nostradamus and you need to give me money to fund my movie before the world ends. I also accept HJs', BJs', APJs', NJs' and ZJ's.

No comments:

Post a Comment